|Date Posted||February 23, 2019|
Crew - Ground Personnel
- Lead and manage the airline’s ground handling suppliers and airport companies at the nominated base(s) and satellite airports to deliver targeted performance outcomes in all areas of safety, compliance, cost control and operational performance.
- Ensure that ground handling companies and airport operations comply with Wizz Air’s safety standards at all times.
- Manage cost in line with budget and deliver ever lower cost operational solutions and arrangements with the growth of the airline, achieving volume based discounts. Identify all new opportunities for operational improvement and/or cost savings in the nominated area of responsibility.
- Ensure scalable growth for the nominated base(s) and satellite airports in all areas including, but not limited to, the startup of new operational locations, the increasing of base sizes, alternate and diversion arrangements and close management of any disruption.
- Contribution to preparation of standard ground handling agreement (SGHA) templates
- Execution of full scale supplier (organizational) audits and management of other GOMs in audit planning, reporting and follow-up.
- Management of trainings and training schedule of GOMs
- Participation in internal and external quality/compliance related cross-functional projects,
- Involvement in bird & wildlife management monitoring,
- Provision of support to OCC in management of disrupted flights and relevant customer care.
- Undertaking of station visits and relevant audits/inspections/trainings as well as follow up on outstanding items as Air Safety reports, mystery passenger report, audit findings and other findings within the confines of Ground Operations processes,
- Support the Ground Operations Team in activities across the network as required General administration and reporting duties.
- Ability to live and work in Budapest
- Fluent English speaker
- Educated to Degree/University level
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Creative and proactive personality with „can do” approach
- Leadership skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Time flexibility and ability to travel
- Ability to work in shifts and under pressure
- Experienced with working to deliver company’s KPIs
- Proven experience in the aviation industry – primarily operational, but also commercial
- Flexible approach and ability to remain diplomatic
- Airside Safety Awareness
- At least 2 years’ experience within airport/ground handling operations, preferably from the passenger handling side