|Date Posted||February 27, 2021|
- Performs the pre-flight duties as the cabin crew prepare for the flight
- Provides the pilot with the advised route for an individual flight
- Assesses weather reports and informing the pilot of any hazards
- Makes checks on aircraft maintenance issues
- Reviews aircraft weight, fuel loads and cargo loads
- General duties to ensure the aircraft is safe and ready to fly
- Reports to air traffic control and airport staff about departure times, and after departure, providing reports on aircraft status and predicted arrival times.
- You will need to be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment especially when flying weather is bad.
- You will need to be decisive as flight dispatchers must make many rapid decisions concerning safety, flight regulations, and the economy of operations.
- As day-to-day tasks rely heavily on computer software systems, calculators, weather charts, and loading reports, competence with technology is very important.
- Good analytical skills are important to help with the interpretation of information and applying this to flight plans.
- You will need to work closely with other flight dispatchers, pilots, and air traffic controllers, so the ability to work well in a team is very important.
- This is a high pressure role which is responsible for the safety of aircraft and passengers so the ability to concentrate for long periods of time is essential.
- As you will be relaying instructions to pilots and other flight dispatchers, you will need excellent communication skillsto make sure you are clearly understood.
About Air Business International
We work closely with brokers on chartering, leasing, purchase and sale transactions in each of our markets across Europe and International. A broker's role is invaluable to ABI, ensuring absolute integrity and an understanding of our core principles in each transaction. In recognizing that, we work diligently to cultivate strong, value-added relationships with the broker community.
For all the above we have built a specially designed platform to be in direct contact and provide them with tools made just for them.