|Date Posted||April 13, 2021|
The Security Manager is responsible for operational security matters.
He ensures that all appropriate personnel are familiar, and comply, with the relevant requirements of the NASP (ΕΚΑΠΑ) National Aviation Security Program and Ops security requirements and all other European legislation.
* Implementing, managing and over sighting the the operator’s Security Program
* Taking all precautionary measures to ensure the protection of aircraft, passengers, personnel, airport facilities, equipment, supplies and persons from any unlawful act
* Checking the efficiency and quality of all security measures in place by all contracted security providers wherever the operator’s activities are being developed
* Establishing, maintaining and conducting approved training program which enable the operator’s personnel to take appropriate action to prevent act of unlawful interference such as sabotage or unlawful seizure of airplanes
* Minimizing the consequences of such events, should they occur
* Carrying out security audits and inspections in all levels of company operations and third party contractors
* Facilitating and helping with the Risk Assessment and Management process
* Monitoring corrective actions and security trends
* Assisting the Commander or, in his absence, following an act of unlawful interference on board an airplane, in submitting, without delay a report of such an act to the designated local authority and the Authority
* Ensuring that all airplanes carry a type specific checklist of the procedure to be followed for that airplane type when searching for concealed weapons, explosives, or other dangerous devices.
Relevant work experience as a guard or relevant position
- Trained Security officer with diploma
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation